Blackwell's Reward Card FAQs:
Please note: From 15th March 2016 our Reward Card Scheme is no longer open to new customers.
The following FAQs apply to existing Reward Card Customers only:
- What is the Blackwell's Reward Card Scheme?
- What are the benefits of joining the Blackwell Reward Scheme?
- How long does it take for points to convert to cash?
- How can I collect Reward Points?
- What do I do if I lose my Reward Card?
- How do I check my Reward Points balance?
- When are my points added to my account balance?
- How do I redeem my points?
- Can I redeem my points in-store?
- My Reward Points have not converted to cash
- I am buying items for a business (school, college, university, business etc) can I earn points on my Reward Card?
- I have an account with Blackwell’s - can I earn points on my Reward Card?
- If I forget my Reward Card and buy books in a shop, can the points be added later?
- Can I buy a Gift Card with my Reward Card points/cash?
1. What is the Blackwell's Reward Card Scheme?
The Blackwell Rewards scheme is about you being rewarded for the money you spend with us. As an existing member of the Blackwell Rewards scheme you will collect points and we will reward you for doing this.
2. What are the benefits of the Blackwell Reward Scheme?
For every 100 points you collect you will receive a £5 reward. The more points you earn the more you can spend.
3. How long does it take for points to convert to cash?
Please allow 24-48 hours for your points to convert to cash once you reach 100 points.
4. How can I collect Reward Points?
You can collect Reward Points when you shop in a Blackwell shop or when you shop with Blackwell Online.
5. What do I do if I lose my Reward Card?
If you lose your Reward Card go to our Lost, damaged or stolen card page. Here you can click on a link to suspend your current Reward Card. Once you have done this our customer service team will cancel your current card and issue you a new one, transferring any points and/or cash balance you may have.
6. How do I check my Reward Points balance?
- Log into your account and click on Check my Reward Points balance
- If your card is registered, log in and click on Account.
- The points/cash balance will appear at the top of your account page.
Alternatively, if placing an order, input the long Reward Card number in the space provided.
- Type in your four-digit PIN in the space beneath.
- Click on ‘Check Balance’
- Your balance will be displayed and can be deducted from the cost of your order.
7. When are my points added to my account balance?
- Points are added for in store purchases at the time of purchase.
- Points for Online purchases are automatically added once the books are shipped.
8 How do I redeem my points?
- For every 100 points accumulated you will receive a £5 reward.
- To redeem a reward in one of our shops simply present your Reward Card at the till stating that you want to redeem your Reward, and how much you wish to redeem.
- To redeem a reward online you will need to input your 21 digit Reward Card number together with your PIN number (located underneath the scratch panel) on the back of your card during the order payment check out. The cash value of your reward will be taken off the total value of your order.
NB Reward Card points will not be added for orders where accumulated Reward Card cash is used as payment or part-payment for an Online order.
9. Can I redeem my points in-store?
Yes, the value of your reward will be taken from the total value of your order.
10. My Reward Points have not converted to cash
Please contact Online Customer Services on 01865-333536 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will manually convert your points to cash and ensure this happens automatically in future.
11. I am buying items for a business (school, college, university, business etc) can I earn points on my Reward Card?
The Reward Scheme is only for consumer use. The Reward Card cannot be used for any transaction where the beneficiary is a business entity that is already receiving a discount.
12. I have an account with Blackwell’s - can I earn points on my Reward Card?
If you are already receiving a discount for your Blackwell purchases then you are not entitled to register a Reward Card in addition to this.
13. If I forget my Reward Card and buy books in a shop, can the points be added later?
Yes, if you return to the shop with your Reward Card and a valid receipt, the points will be added to your account.
14. Can I buy a Gift Card with my Reward Card points/cash?
No, it is not possible to buy a Gift Card with Reward Card points/cash