Reward Card Terms & Conditions
Please note: From 15th March 2016 our Reward Card Scheme is no longer open to new customers.
The following Terms & Conditions apply to existing Reward Card Customers only:
- To participate in the Blackwell Reward Card scheme, you need to have registered your Blackwell Reward Card prior to 15th March 2016 and you will be subject to these terms and conditions.
- Blackwell Rewards Cards remain the property of Blackwell UK Limited and can only be used for the reward card programme when making purchases in participating Blackwell and Heffers shops and outlets in the UK or online at www.blackwell.co.uk.Shops outside of the UK are excluded from this scheme.
- To earn reward points, you must present the card to the cashier at the time of purchase. For Online orders, the Reward Card number must be registered against your Online account. Incorrect or invalid card numbers will not qualify. Transactions made without the card cannot be recorded and therefore cannot count towards your rewards.
- You must have completed your registration online in order for your card to be registered. Points will only be converted on registered cards.
- Points are allocated for each whole pound spent and have no monetary value until converted.
- Applicants must be aged 16 years or over.
- Employees of The Blackwell Group are not eligible for Reward Card benefits.
- Your Reward Card is not a credit card, debit card or cheque guarantee card.
- The Scheme is only for consumer use. The Reward Card cannot be used for any transaction where the beneficiary is a business entity.
- The card can only be used by the registered user. Neither the Card nor the points are transferable to other Reward Cardholders.
- If you breach these terms and conditions or if Blackwell reasonably believes that you have abused the Scheme and/or breached these terms your card may be terminated without prior notice. Blackwell reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary where a Cardholder is found to have abused the scheme including withholding points previously credited to your account.
- Blackwell reserves the right to alter products included or excluded from the Scheme or to change the number of participating shops at any time.
- Blackwell reserves the right to decline issue, withdraw the Blackwell Reward Card or alter its term &conditions (including the value or points) at any time, or terminate the Reward Card Scheme without notice. Blackwell will notify Cardholders of any changes to these terms and conditions. Notices detailing the revised terms will be available Online.
- Cardholders cannot claim points on purchases made before they joined the Scheme.
- Points will be awarded on, and can be redeemed against, all merchandise sold in participating Blackwell shops, or at blackwell.co.uk, with the exception of gift vouchers, electronic gift cards, Book Tokens, postage, newspapers and products from instore concessions and other products or services from time to time as notified.
- Cardholders will receive points on qualifying transactions. In the UK and online points are awarded at a rate of 1 point for every £1.00 spent or a pro rata amount rounded up from0.51p to the nearest point. These can be altered at the discretion of Blackwell at reasonable notice to you. The number of points issued may vary between purchases. Blackwell reserves the right to vary the rates at any time with reasonable notice to you. There is no minimum amount of points balance. Once you have reached 100 points balance this will be converted overnight into a £5 balance onto your card.
- Points will usually be loaded onto your card within 24 hours, except in circumstances of system failure. Blackwell takes no responsibility for circumstances beyond their control. Points cannot be redeemed until loaded on to the card and converted.
- The full points value on an item will only be earned if no points value is redeemed as part of the transaction. When points are redeemed as part of the transaction, points will be awarded on the cash balance.
- Points have no cash redemption value and cannot be exchanged, sold or transferred.
- Blackwell may if it so wishes, reverse the associated points earned or redeemed if a transaction on which points are earned or redeemed is cancelled or reversed or when a product is returned (in accordance with Blackwell Returns Policy). For instore purchases, the Cardholder must present their Card to sales staff so that the points awarded can be debited from or credited to the Card when the product is being returned.
- If your Card is lost, stolen or is not working please contact a member of staff at a Blackwell shop or call +44 (0) 1865 333536. Blackwell cannot be held liable for lost, stolen or damaged Cards, or any points accrued on or redeemed from the Card without your knowledge. Blackwell reserves the right not to issue a replacement Card.
- The Scheme can be used in conjunction with other discounts or promotions, but Blackwell reserves the right to withdraw this at any time or may alter the products included or excluded in a promotion
- If any point in these terms and condition is held to be invalid in whole or in part, that part shall be deleted and the validity of the remaining terms shall not be affected.
- These terms and conditions and the Scheme are subject to the laws of England and Wales.
Customer services: +44 (0) 1865 333536
- By signing up to the Scheme and giving us personal details, you agree to be sent Blackwell Rewards updates and special offers unless you subsequently notify us otherwise.
- We will also use your details and information on what you buy to help us manage the Scheme more effectively.
- It is important that your contact details are kept up to date in order that Blackwell can operate the Scheme effectively. Please keep your details up to date by visiting blackwell.co.uk if your details are incorrect or become out of date. You can also update your details (including your email address) at anytime by calling the Customer Services team on +44 (0) 1865 333536
Bursary Cards & Institute Accounts
- Students with a University Bursary Card (including MET Cards; QuB Cards, Edge Cards) or customers with a Blackwell Institute Account are not eligible to accrue Reward Points for purchases made using their Bursary Cards or Institute Accounts.