When your institution first sets up an account with Blackwell’s, we will provide your university administrator with an institutional code. This should be given out to your university’s lecturing staff.
To verify themselves as lecturers, they should follow these instructions:
- Lecturers should log in to their personal Blackwell’s accounts.
- Click on the cog located on the right hand side of the header bar.
- A dropdown user-menu will appear beneath the cog. Select the option labelled, ‘Account’ and click on it.
- You will be redirected to your Account Management page. Under the first subheading ‘Your Details’, you will see a link to ‘Personal Information’. Click it.
- This will take you to your personal account information page. Under the second subheading ‘Lecturer Verification’ is a text field. Enter your institutional code into this field and click ‘Verify’.
- Blackwell’s will instantly confirm or decline your application. If your application is declined, double-check that you have used the correct spelling a cases when inputting your institutional code.
Once you have verified yourself as a lecturer, you will be able to access free inspection copies of eBooks sold in our store. For more on Inspection Copies, please see our Inspection Copy FAQ.
If you are still have questions, please contact our Support Team.