To view an eBook in a browser:
- Go to blackwellstudy.net and log in.
- Click on the cog located on the right hand side of the header bar.
- A dropdown user-menu will appear beneath the cog. Select the first option, ‘Bookshelf’ and click on it.
- This will take you to your personal Blackwell’s Bookshelf, displaying all the eBooks you have purchased with us. Click on the cover image of any book.
- You will then be redirected to the reader, where the book you have selected will load automatically.
To view an eBook in the Android or iOS apps:
- The first time you access a book in one of the apps, you will need to make sure that you are connected to the internet.
- Open the app and log in. If you are using the app on a tablet device, you will also need to select the ‘Reader’ option from the left hand list on the home screen.
- You should now be in your personal Blackwell’s Bookshelf. From here, you will see two kinds of cover thumbnail, representing the books you have purchased from our store: some will be in full colour; others may be greyed out.
- The greyed out books are the ones that have not been downloaded yet. To download and view a book whose cover icon is greyed out, tap the image and wait for the loading circle to complete. Being connected to the internet at this point is crucial.
- Once downloaded, greyed out cover thumbnails should appear in full colour. This means they are now permanently on your device and may be read on or offline, the same as any other book you have downloaded. To access a downloaded book, simply click it’s cover and it will open in the reader.
If you are still have questions, please contact our Support Team.